The Covid-19 pandemic of 2020 has caused many governments to go into a lockdown that is causing unprecedented economic damage to the world and hardship to many people. At the same time there is a race against the clock to find a vaccine and cure to help the world get on its feet again.
The view from Biovalence Technologies for the development of a curative drug:
To release the world from this pandemic and ensure no second wave, vaccines should go hand-in-hand with a curative drug. However, in a pandemic situation, a curative drug must be robust in its application for the masses:
- Easy storage, handling, and transport, i.e. no cold-chain needed;
- Wide reach at family clinics;
- Excellent compliance by the patients i.e. prescribed for home treatment
Current Pre-Clinical Studies
- Results from the independent NIH-supported university laboratory in the U.S. reported strong antiviral activity of RetroMAD1 against SARS-CoV-2 in an in vitro cell assay.
- The company is continuing collaboration with the above laboratory to further expand its in vitro knowledge on RetroMAD1 against SARS-CoV-2.
The company is actively seeking investment to bring RetroMAD1 through the preclinical stages and up to human clinical trial phase 1 and listing.
Why Would RetroMAD1 Be A Good Candidate For A Cure Against Covid-19 Pandemic?